Peoples Baptist Church
Penn Laird, Virginia
May 18, 2020
Welcome to PeoplesBaptistOnline.com, the online home for Peoples Baptist Church in Penn Laird, Virginia.
Our Governor has given us a Phase 1 plan for churches to begin to open back up. There are many guidelines we must follow, and we want to make sure you feel safe as you come back to church. Peoples Baptist is opening back up on Sunday, May 24. Things will be different as we come back together. Here are a few things we wanted you to know about in advance:
· When you arrive, please drive around to the upper parking lot. The upper doors will be open for members and guests.
· We will do our best to offer a “no contact” experience while you are here. One of our friendly ushers will open the door for you as you come in. Inside doors will be propped open to reduce the spread of germs. We have a clean and freshly disinfected building. Please use the touch free hand sanitizer as you enter. One station will be in each lobby.
· It is REQUIRED by the state of Virginia that you wear a mask.
· We will begin with just a morning worship service at 9:30 AM. Sunday evening and Wednesday evening services will be phased in over time.
· It is required that each person practice social distancing. We have marked off our auditorium accordingly. Individuals must be seated at least six feet apart at all times and must practice physical distancing at all times. Family members, as defined in Executive Order 61 may sit together. We have reserved our two center sections for families, and the two side sections for singles and seniors. An usher will assist you with finding a seat in the auditorium.
· Please avoid the use of bathrooms as much as possible. Come prepared to remain in the auditorium through the service. Ushers will direct the limited use of the bathrooms with only two persons in at a time.
· There will be no nursery or children’s church provided for the first few weeks. Since the nurseries are temporarily closed, please use the changing stations in the restrooms.
· Offering plates will not be passed. You may place your tithes and offerings in a plate at the back door of the auditorium on your way out.
· We have removed all hymnbooks as they are hard to clean. The hymns will be on the screen during this transition time.
· At the end of the service the ushers will dismiss the congregation row by row from the back of the auditorium to maintain social distancing in the hallways.
· Those who are fearful, elderly, immune compromised, or have a vulnerable pulmonary system are especially at risk and encouraged to stay home until they feel comfortable returning to church.
· No one with a fever or symptoms of Covid-19, or known exposure to a Covid-19 case in the prior 14 days is permitted to attend.
· Anyone who appears to be sick will be politely asked to return home for the health and safety of others present.